9 December 2017

Facebook - what I'm going to do next!

Having thought long and hard (yes, it HURT) I've decided to unfriend a lot of the friends I've got on Facebook. 

Now this isn't because I'm an unfriendly sort of person but simply it's to make my life easier!!! I didn't understand the difference between 'friends' and 'following' on Facebook so I looked it up and it seems that anybody can 'follow' anybody but that means they don't show up on their timeline. If you're 'friends' with people then they show up when they post!!! Now this has meant I've lots and lots of 'stuff' going on on my timeline which I'm simply not interested in. People's private lives just don't interest me like I'm sure mine doesn't interest many others.  This unfriending will take me a while and I'll probably have accidents and delete people I don't mean to delete so please bear with me.

So, if you don't see me on your timeline in the future it's because I've 'unfriended' you but I do hope that IF you're interested enough you'll 'follow' me instead. Particularly the Jane Shuttle Tats Lots page.  I hope this isn't going to upset people but I do need to protect my sanity and it's going to mean that I may use Facebook a bit more if I'm not overwhelmed.  

Well, that's the plan but who knows how long it will take!  

15 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Good to know! I had no idea.

Jolimama said...

Szeretnék barátod és ismerősöd maradni. :-)

Jane Eborall said...

You will ALWAYS be my friend Jolimama.

God's Kid said...

I follow you here!! :) I hope you don't leave your blog!! :)

Jane Eborall said...

Hi, God's Kid. No WAY will I leave my blog. It's what keeps me going!!!

Ladytats said...

You do whatever you have yo do Jane. We will cope. I too know what you mean about peoples lives. I will be surd to follow you one way or another

Jane Eborall said...

Awww, thanks, Ladytats. I've spent a good part of the day unfriending on Facebook and was appalled at how many people were on there that I honestly didn't know about or had never heard from!!!! I'm not easy to loose and you can always find me here!!!!

Jeff Hamilton said...

Might be a little late, but you can still be friends with someone and unfollow them at the same time. That's what I did for most of my "friends" on facebook. Of course, they might have changed this since I did it.

Jenn said...

Totally understand Jane :). You do what you have to do. I already follow your FB page and your blog.

Unknown said...

Good job to keep your sanity, Jane!! I have kept mine a long while ago! Hehehe...

Kersti said...

If you click on the arrow at the top right of a post you can choose to unfollow the poster and they won't show in your timeline yet you'll still be friends with them (you'll still show in theirs and if they respond to something you'll find out)

Tim Kaylor said...

Jane, it will have no effect on me at all since I don't book faces. Love to read the blog, though.

Jane Eborall said...

Thanks, Kersti. I've now got my friends down to under 500 but have also found that I've got 3,475 followers on the tatting page which really pleases me as that's all I really want to know about. I feel a sense of relief as although I've always checked friend requests I was never that happy about having people know too much about me whom I didn't know at all. I took my birthday off ages ago so that there was less chance of identity theft!! Getting cautious in my old age!!!
Tim - it's the blog that's most important to me as it's my personal record of what I've done and also makes me keep 'doing' too!!!

LibraryLady said...

Jane, I'm glad you've found ways to keep your sanity and keep us involved in your tatting life. Whether or not we ever meet in person, I still consider you my "friend" in a much more real sense than through an electronic media that can be too controlling.

~Heidi

Jane Eborall said...

That's how I feel Heidi. I have lots of lovely 'real' friends through the internet without having to be involved too much with Facebook. You are certainly my friend.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.