18 October 2017

On my travels


Whilst I was 'out and about' I had to have something to pick up when I had some spare time. 

I never tat on the plane as I'm always afraid of dropping something and then not being able to find it again on the floor. Plane seats seem to get narrower and narrower and more and more squashed in so tatting is, for me, a no, no. BUT there are always the departure lounges where the light is pretty good and there is always plenty of time to sit and tie knots!!!

I pre-wound Ez-bobs with either size 40 thread or HWT. I put the chain thread on first and loaded the beads onto that. That was followed by the shuttle thread. I found I could get two 'projects' onto one Ez-bob. Here are two that I made on the trip (or just before!).


7 comments:

Maureen said...

You're very organised! - Lovely Rachels, but don't planes allow you to take shuttles on board these days? Flying within Australia has never been a problem for me, I don't tat in the air, but I like to have my work with me, just in case my suitcase goes astray!

craftie sylvie said...

Lovely motifs!
I like tatting when I travel. It's very portable, and you always get intrigued glances from others travellers. Good ice breaker :)

Jane Eborall said...

No problems with shuttles and I use those with hooks mainly! I used to take ones with picks but now travel with my favourites! With hooks.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I do like that pattern! I don't fly often, but when I flew to Alabama last year, I did notice that the seats were smaller. I think I would have a panic attack if I lost any of my tatting supplies on a plane!

God's Kid said...

Very pretty!!! :)

Tim Kaylor said...

Those are quite nice. I need to find a "goto" pattern for such times. Good idea with the EZ-Bobs. Will try that.

Madtatter80 said...

Beautiful work and colors and fun looking pattern too😄

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.