2 April 2015

New pattern

Before I start - number 111 of the Tat It And See has arrived.  See it here.

Now there's quite a story behind this pattern. It was done originally for a book but the editor changed her mind after commissioning it. 

I forgot all about it until one day Pigmini asked me about an edging picture that she'd seen on my site (before I changed it the last time)!!! I was puzzled as I didn't recognise it either!! So, after a search of my main computer I finally tracked it down and it was the reject one!!! 



That's why it got re-named and is now known as 'The Forgotten Edging' - because the OG forgot all about it!!!! 

I've just made the hanky below using it and must admit I really enjoyed making it. This one is worked in size 80 thread (Lizbeth) and it holds up well. 

By that I mean that there's sufficient colour in it and it's firm. There are plentiful picots to join to the hanky (I always sew on after the edging is complete) and if you're crafty you can do SLT's (notated in the pattern) so that you never have to take the chain thread off your left hand. I'm lazy and proud of it!!!!!

It's also a simple pattern to remember - another bonus for my poor BC3!

So, I bet you want to know where the instructions are? Well, they're here!!!

14 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

I'm glad Pigmini reminded you about this edging!

Maureen said...

Fancy Forgetting the Forgotten Edging! ( am I channelling Fox here......? )

Ninetta said...

Lovely! I like it a lot!

muskaan said...

Love the edging ! Thanks for sharing the pattern :-)

See, so what if you have only 3 BCs left .... the ones you've shared all these years, have been picked up by kind & grateful friends who know the invaluable treasure they hold in their hands :-D
Forgetting but never forgotten :-)

Phyllis said...

I like it.

Nancy G said...

I love it! The colors look so well together too!

Pigmini said...

VBG... I threatened her BC3 with an exploding 'Remembrall' and it worked!!! Right, off to wind shuttles for downside up bunny rabbits!! (take a quick glance at the pic.... the brown bits.... Rofl

Fox said...

Thanks, Jane. I love it and am going to use it. Very nice and I like that it is two colours. Perfect for a plain hankie. : ))

Miranda said...

I know what my next edging will be! Don't know when I'll need an edging, but I know what it will be!

tatlyn said...

It is very pretty! I can't wait to tat this pattern on my next hanky!

Madtatter80 said...

I like this edging I have been very behind on my blogging and feel very guilty about never finishing my scissors, I lost they the hole project. Then found it just the other day down inside my couch :) Now I need to find the time, where did I put that!

God's Kid said...

Very nice edging!! :)

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Very pretty! I'm glad it's no longer forgotten!

Kathy Niklewicz said...

I'm curious why the editor changed her mind! I'm glad Pigmini reminded you about it. Great pattern, with many color possibilities. I like sewing them on afterward, too.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.