25 February 2015

Prevarification!

What IS it about my brain? Why do I start something then dither? Have I got a touch of the 'ditherifications' in my old age or have I always been like this? I can answer that one - I've always been like this.

So, I started the diamonds as a 'big project' as I'm just not in designer mode at the moment!!!! I'll get back to that mode in due course, but I do enjoy just tatting for play and without having to think too much.

Most of my life I've used size 20 thread as that was the only size that was readily available when I was a kid. Lately (and with poorer eyesight) I've decided to partly switch to size 40 as well - as 'they' say in America - go figure!!! So I have a smallish collection of 40 threads and want to play with those. 

The centre of this project is made with Lizbeth threads - rainbow taffy (which I always think of as the smiley thread - because it always makes me smile) and 'a green'. Now the pink centre is again a Lizbeth thread for the centre (something spring, I think) and then (and this is where the problem MAY lie) an Olympus plain pink. To me the pink looks like it's a thicker thread. OR is it the colour that's making it look that way? Well, only one way to find out is to fold the motif so that a green one sits on top of the pink. Guess what? The difference is SOOOOO tiny that a blind man would be very glad to see it.

So, onwards and upwards!!  OR does the ditherfication set in again and lead me to something else.  Time will tell!!!


8 comments:

Maureen said...

This is the Jane equivalent of Diane's Spinning Wheel Mat! And you're right about different brands, I recently discovered that there is a significant difference in the actual size of Cebelia and Lizbeth in size 20. Cebelia's much bigger.

Madtatter80 said...

So very pretty it a tangram so many things can be made with them! love the colors to on this

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I've never actually tried working with different brands together. I guess I was too chicken to deal with possible size variations. I do love that pop of pink, and I am not a pink girl!

God's Kid said...

Looks pretty to me!! :)

Jane McLellan said...

Will that smidgeon difference in size matter when you join together? Yes, I've also found that different brands can differ, I suppose it's logical enough.

Helen said...

This is beautiful, I'd love to see a pattern for it,

Jane Eborall said...

The pattern has been on my site for eleven years, Helen! Here's the link http://www.janeeborall.freeservers.com/Diamond.pdf

Helen said...

Thank you for pointing me to it, I never would have thought to look there for it.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.