10 February 2015

Playing around and updating.


This has always been a little favourite of my older designs.  Not sure why but I think it's cause it makes an ideal pendant.  

Often pendants swing round when you wear them and the backs aren't always as pretty as the fronts.  Well, in this case - that's not so.  As you can see - both sides are the front (or back if that's what you want to call them).

During this 'reincarnation' I decided to add beads.  Well, more beads!!  I've also changed the centre and got rid of a large picot that all the SCMR's had to join to.  Instead I've put in small vsp's and added beads to the rings on the SCMR.

Tomorrow I will show you the other version - IF I remember, of course!!!


11 comments:

Maureen said...

This is lovely - what a good idea, but it must have been a challenge to make it reversible!

Pigmini said...

Loves t'at one!!!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Out of curiosity, how long does it take you to tat one of these little beauties?

Jane Eborall said...

I can't remember, Maureen. Knowing me it just 'happened'!!!!

Jane Eborall said...

Not long if BC3 is concentrating, Diane. Probably around two hours, I think. They're just basically SCMR's and rings and chains.

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Hello Jane, I'm still here, just not as much anymore. But I did want to stop by and tell you this has been one of my favorite designs to tat. I have made it into a pendant many times. I will have to get out my shuttles and give this new version a go. Thank You!!

God's Kid said...

Great motif!! :)

Jane McLellan said...

Double sided must make it a good weight for a pendant too.

muskaan said...

This is a really clever design, and so very pretty ! With all the practice in SCMRs (Chicken Wing coaster) I think I can see where this is going. But making it would be a whole other dimension ! Love the overlap, dimensional, reversible look :-)

Lelia said...

Very kewl! Delightful to have both sides look great! job well done

Bernice said...

I love the idea that it looks great from both sides. Brilliant idea.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.