16 December 2014

Continuing with the doily!



Well the Valencia doily is progressing but I'm changing the final round so that it stands out a bit more than just a round of chains. Not totally sure it'll work but we'll see.  This is where I'd got to when I last showed you.  

The light creamy rounds had to be done in a different colour than the centre due to the ball of thread having an untimely meeting with a cup of coffee!!!!  Even though it dried out just fine I decided to ditch the rest of the ball.  Well, I'd had it hanging around for probably fifty years so I thought it didn't owe me anything!!!  It had gone quite hard too.  It was a Coats thread.

Here's the progress so far.


5 comments:

Maureen said...

I love that orange! - did you ever find the designer of this doily?

Jane Eborall said...

No, sadly, not yet Maureen. Still hoping to, though.

God's Kid said...

Looks like a summer garden!! :)

Mouse^^^ said...

love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! love the colors too!

Crazy Mom! said...

I love the orange flowers with this! Very striking!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.