16 October 2012

Stephanie's doily


Stephanie gave some of us a doily at Tat Days and this is mine.  

Now I must admit that I'm not a 'doily person' or rather - not until now!!!  I never ever ever keep any of my work out on display unless Nick finds it and puts it out.  In fact the only thing that is on display is the big hanging I made last year (OR was it the year before?)!   

BUT this doily has to be seen to be believed.  It's worked in a size 80 (or maybe even less) and hasn't been put away since I got back home.  It sits on the cupboard next to 'tat corner' and smiles happily at me the whole time.

I have quite a few items that other people have made in tat corner but this one is the biggest even though it only measures six and a half inches.

It's just waaaaay too pretty to put away anywhere - thanks Stephanie.

18 comments:

Orsi said...

It is so beautiful! I love these colors.

Maureen said...

It's much too beautiful to put away! - pretty thread.

Jane McLellan said...

Wow!

Anne said...

Pretty pattern with a lovely colour mix.

Vera said...

Gyönyörű.és a színe mese szép....

Tat-a-Renda said...

Size 80? Haven't go the courage to go near that yet. So, I certainly admire those who do and the work they produce. Lovely colours.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Gorgeous! I wouldn't be able to put that one away either!

Michelle said...

Utterly gorgeous! What a lovely color and the pattern is stunning!

linb54 said...

oh my, don't have the words to describe it! wow!

Phyllis said...

I can see why you did not put away. The colors are gorgeous. It is hard to believe that it is size 80.

LittleBerry said...

It's beautiful, no wonder you can't put it away

IsDihara said...

A pinnacle achievement to make one of these beauties, but imagine Stephanie making multiples? And as God is my witness that woman had NOT gone blind from all the fine thread work. Isn't is amazing?

Your doily is drop-dead gorgeous! Be still my heart, it is so lovely. It deserves to be out, seen and inspiring you.

God's Kid said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! I wouldn't put that one away either!!! :)

Margarets designer cards said...

Gorgeous totally stunning I would want to show it too.
Margaret

Crazy Mom! said...

Yours is beautiful - Stephanie does stunning work. I love mine as well.

Unknown said...

I love it =D

Kathy Niklewicz said...

I can only imagine how delicate this looks in the size 80 thread. Just beautiful in those colors!

Anke said...

Lucky you! It's just gorgeous!!!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.