15 October 2011

Pictureless post!

Don't you just hate people who do a post without a picture?  Well you're gonna hate me now!!

I really wanted to just talk today about what I'm doing quietly in the background when I'm not making bells!!!  I'm actually doing a totally new pattern.  New to me.  

What is it we say?  I want to do 'so and so' before I die.  Well, that's what I'm working on at the moment!!!  

My 'before I die' project is a doily!!!  Gasp, shock, horror, I hear you say.  Jane?  Doily?  That just doesn't sound right!!!!  BUT that's honestly what's happening quietly and slowly in my corner of tat land!!!!  I doubt it'll be a large one, though as boredom will have set in before long!!


Next on my 'to do' list is another new design but I'm NOT telling you a thing about it as it will  (hopefully) become the new TIAS.  


Yes, I'm planning on another for January 2012.  That's if there's anybody in tat land who wants to take part!  For those  who haven't heard of a TIAS (that actually stands for Tat It And See) I release a pattern in bite sized 'bits' every few days for anybody who wants to to join in.  The 'twist' is that you don't know what you're making!!!  Guesses are encouraged and happen all the way through.  No money changes hands - my reward is being the only person who knows the 'answer'!!!


In fact I run a blog especially for that - it's here. The links are still there to last year's TIAS so you can go and look if you want to.  I try to 'pitch' the design so that it's possible for even relatively new tatters to take part.  I also add technique explanations and diagrams where needed too.

7 comments:

Maureen said...

Doilies are my favourite projects - so yours will be something to look forward to.

Anonymous said...

Wow!, i was looking this morning at your past TIAS and you propose just a new one! I wait for it with fervour!!! I like so much that it will be a doily!!!
A big kiss from Rom (Italy)

JB said...

I'm intrigued. I can't wait to see your new doily.
Will ready for the TIAS after completing all the Christmas tatting.

Ladytats said...

ooooh and new TIAS, I will certainly be waiting for that.
have fun with your doily. they can be a challenge, but give a big feeling of accomplishment when you are finished.

Valerie said...

YES! Another TIAS is welcomed. ")

** jess! ** said...

I think I would like to TIAS, it looks like fun!

Batty Tatter said...

TIAS sounds like great fun. can't wait to try. I made a huge doily years ago as a Christmas gift for my mother in law. Some time I will take a picture of it and post it.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.