17 June 2011

Introducing the TTTB

Now this has been a nightmare to get out of my head and into 'real life'.  Very simple concept but I just couldn't see the finished item 'working'.

It holds loads too.  I put in some large balls of thread to hold it while taking photographs but will 'trial' it as a travelling bag.  

The real reason for making it was initially to carry my tatting press in that Ann gave me - here's the link.  I just was so worried about that getting dirty.  The press fits a treat so it was well worth all the agonising.  Now to make one to match the colouring of the press.

What do you think of it's name?  The Terribly Tidy Tat Bag (TTTB - as in the title of this post)?  Isn't that just the corniest name you've ever heard?  Mind, it might be easy to keep tidy as there are no corners to lose things in!!!!  Well, there are corners but they're easy to see into.  I've used velcro to close it and also to hold the handle back out of the way when it's being used - see the last photo.

I might make some more when we get back from our trip.  Depends on how much I spend while we're away - heee, heeeee, heeeeeeee!!!  If I've overspent then I'll put a few in the Etsy shop.  Having said that - I showed this to a friend and she's already put her name on it!!!!



9 comments:

Tatfully Yours said...

I love it!!!! You sure did put brain cell #3 to work this time!!

Margarets designer cards said...

What a lovely bag, I like the design and it holds a lot.
Margaret

Bree at "Bree's Way" said...

I so love love bags and that is really clever, very cool!!!
you did a fabulous job, if you ever need a bag tester, let me know, giggles :D

Ginny W said...

Very cute!!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Not only is it terribly tidy, it's also curiously clever! I wonder if I need one in blue?

Anonymous said...

very, very, cute

Anonymous said...

Oooh, it is so cute!!! What a lovely and "terribly tidy" way to carry your tatting ;)

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

I like the design Jane! Very Nice!!

Crazy Mom! said...

Me thinks I should find you some more kitty prints...

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.