24 December 2008

After a good night's sleep!!

The damage caused by our 'interesting' visitor of the night before last is not too bad. Damage has been done to the tiles on both parts of the roof and the guttering is hanging off. Just hope that if it rains the roof doesn't leak again. So as we may/will need to put in an insurance claim I rang to get the crime number from the police. Meanwhile we'd spotted an 'item of clothing' on a neighbour's roof and when two police arrived for my statement we told them about it and one of them got it down. Even he was surprised how high the roofs of our houses are!!!!

One thing I've learnt (although it's too late now!) and it's a piece of advice I will pass on to all in tat land is this. NEVER to swear at a guy on your roof!!! It's very odd having to sign a statement with your own bad language written down on it!!! So, hopefully tat's the end of tat!!! Wonder what excitement 2009 will bring!!!

I did do a little tatting yesterday afternoon. What I'm aiming for is to make earrings with the beady flowers. The pink one turned out WAY to big for the finding but the next one was fine, I think!!! I'm aiming to do another to match and then, by using the method of covering a cabon ring (Marie's fast and easy split chain method), cover the finding whilst attaching the flower at the same time. So much depends on the size of the beads. The pink ones are WAY too large although I did use 14 on the LBP whilst with the purple one I used 12. I think you can see the size difference on the scans!! The size of the beads and quantity are crucial if you want to make them fit in a ring!!!

3 comments:

Gina said...

Oh good heavens! What an "adventure"!

Well, now that you've have a good night's sleep - wishing you the bset of holidays!

Merry Christmas Jane!

Jane Eborall said...

Thanks, Gina. Happy Crimble and a super New Year to you and yours.

Tattycat said...

Sorry about the business on the roof. Hope you can put it behind you and enjoy the holiday!

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.