19 February 2008

Sally's Angel - finished

The angel is finished. I realised the night before last just as I was falling asleep that I'd done the first half of the notation all wrong. Not a lot wrong but all wrong. I'd looked at doing it from the backside point of view when it could easily be front sided!! Took all of five minutes to sort out in yesterday's allocated 'tat time'.
I asked Sally what colours angels were but she said she'd never met one!
I also haven't a clue as to whether they are women or men so I decided to not make up my mind!! I do have such huge arguments with myself so tat's why this one is mixed gender!!!!!
If anybody does have the answer, please let me know as I'd like to make some more and list them on ebay.

10 comments:

Tatskool said...

This one is def a female, heavily influenced by your new pink theme!!!
Looks very good in the ring.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Sally's angel is beautiful! I believe that angels are what we need them to be at a specific moment in time. Gabriel is obviously male, a strong guardian angel in my mind. But a female angel would be a comfort to turn to at times. How about silver and white, or gold and white, then the recipient could decide! There are several tatters who would have to have HDT angels! They know who they are! ; )

Unknown said...

The angel is beautiful. I would say that angels are both male and female and I wonder who would make them out of HDT.

Jane Eborall said...

Please, what is HDT? I can't work it out - brain is atrophied!!!
Jane

Sherry aka Celtic Dream Weaver said...

Could it be HAND DYED THREAD maybe???

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Hand-dyed threads! They come in some angelic colors! Sorry... I just couldn't resist!
Diane

Tattycat said...

Why Jane. I'm disppointed. Have you not been reading Clyde's, Marilee's, Sherry's, Diane's, etc. and my blog? You naughty girl! Hand Dyed Thread to which we are all addicted! Your angel is beautiful. I absolutely believe there are both female and male angels and they are where, when and what we need them to be.

Jeff Hamilton said...

HDT - Hand Dyed Thread. I would think that angels can be both male or female. I agree with the suggestion on using silver and gold. But this angel will look good in any colour.

Gina said...

HDT is hand dyed thread.
Lovely angel by an angel! Your sister is proud, no doubt.

:-) Gina

Jane Eborall said...

Thanks all for explaining HDT. The penny dropped as I got into bed last night!!! I'll have to get me some - one day soon.
I feel another angel like this one 'coming on'. I would like to do a smaller pocket sized one and also another with an 'ordinary' bead inside!
Jane

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.