20 September 2007

Tatting a cartoon

The missing suitcases are in the U.K.!!! You can now track them online which is a great help. How things change in two years since the last time mine went AWOL. They should be delivered sometime today!
Right, back home and back to tatting seriously. I remembered yesterday that I'd never shared a 'design' that I did a few months ago.
When SueH was going through a rou
gh time with her flat renovations I decided to do something to cheer her up. I took Mark Myers cartoon of her on her soapbox which is on the front page of Here-Be-Tatters and decided to 'tat' it. Mark and a few others know about this. When it was all done I sent it to Sue as a surprise!!!
Here's the progression in pictures!! First of all I drew it on the computer.
I tatted this up but it really was a 'bad hat day' and the coat was way too big too. I wasn't happy with the colouring or the arms either.

Next a re-draw.

Followed by another 'tat'!!!!
Duh! Who forgot to change the hat? I did change the coat and this made the whole thing a lot better. I then decided that I'd have to change the colouring a bit for 'design purposes' (whatever THAT means!!).
Now that looks better and the hat's a great improvement too.


Finally the 'extras' which was the fun bit - decorations for the hat, hair, soapbox, shuttle and tatting. Next task was mounting it and framing it.
The final results are below.

9 comments:

Tatskool said...

She must have been thrilled to bits, it's absolutely fab!!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I love seeing the progression of the design, and I really like the framed finished product!

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Your previous posters both took the words right out of my mouth.
This is great!

Unknown said...

That is wonderful... looks just like her.. ha ha.

Susan B. T.

Anonymous said...

OH, great job Jane! Looks so much like it! I bet Sue will love it!
Carol

Needledreams said...

That looks so cute!!! I'm glad that you had a nice trip and all.

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Welcome back Jane. I bet you had a wonderful time with your family and at Tat Days.

Your tatted design of Sue's cartoon is awesome. She must be so pleased and honored that you designed that after Mark's cartoon of her. Thanks for sharing the pictrures with us. Your my tatting hero!! Carol Lawecki

Toptattyhead said...

Oh Jane, we have missed your blogging. Thank goodness you are back home and back in action!
What a great start, I bet Sue was "made up" with this.
Luv ya,
Linda S Davies

Sewicked said...

I love this 'new SueH'. It's fabulous.

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.