22 June 2007

They just keep arriving!!!

Yesterday I found a denim shirt style jacket/cardigan that I'd forgotten I'd got!! It's a lovely soft denim but unfortunately one of the buttons has broken (not very nice buttons either) and the sleeves are far too long which is why I probably stopped wearing it!!! Anyway, It occurred to me that if I replace the buttons and shorten/alter the sleeves it might be ideal for traveling in. I do like to be comfortable when traveling!!! Then, as I tatted yet another gecko, I thought - why not sew geckos onto it!!!! So, tat's what I'm going to do. The speed at which these tat up makes it a viable project. One an evening. I shall sew one on each sleeve, one on each side at the front and probably three on the back. I MAY even tackle a couple of teeny tiny ones for the collar in a no. 80 but I'll decide that when I get to it!!
Anyway, here's yesterday evening's rendition - this time in a no. 20 instead of the usual no. 40!!

3 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Your geckos are adorable! This is one lizard I could love!

Tattycat said...

I just love the geckos. They look like so much fun. I must make one for Isaac's room. He just loves the animals I have tatted from your patterns! I think the shirt idea is super!

Anonymous said...

Travel in that shirt, Jane, and they'll call you the Gecko Queen!
Awesome!
Katie Verna

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.