24 September 2006

Finally the right shape!

This is the right shape but there's still a LONG way to go. This has been worked in two parts (darn tying and cutting) so I've got to start again and try to eliminate that problem. I also need to 'design out' the hole in the middle.
Now a bit more about 'why a Fleur de Lys'. My sister (also a tatter) is a Beaver leader here in the U.K. Here's a useful link
http://www.scoutbase.org.uk/6to25/beaver/ Next year is a big anniversary for them (can't remember which one!) and she asked if I could make a Fleur de Lys as that is their emblem. She wants to make some as giveaways.
First of all Sally sent me their logo and I pasted that into a lower layer of Serif DrawPlus in order to 'trace over' it on the layer above. I then did the first two attempts as posted on previous days. It then occurred to me that this was getting me nowhere so I tried popping some rings etc over the top of the logo. I've added that to the blog too. I'm hoping that this will show my many and devious ways of designing. I can't say that I have any particular way of doing a design or that any of it is 'set in stone'.


No comments:

Creative Commons Licence

Happy Beaks

Happy Beaks
I beg your pardon? I didn't quite catch what you said.